Thursday, June 01, 2006

Upcoming Dension Products

I have just received a catalogue of Dension's upcoming products and I have to say that, provided Dension get it right again, they have some really cool products on the way.

Never heard of Dension? Well over the past 12months Dension have become the market leader for turning your vehicle into a personal MP3 player on wheels and not without good reason. Realising the potential of an itrip like device Dension took their electronic expertise and created the ice link fm and the ice link plus which I liked, alot. These products enabled you to connect your ipod directly to your car's stereo allowing you and your passengers to listen to your music collection.

With the planned introduction of a wide range of new products that build on the success of their first attempt it is clear that Dension haven't rested on their laurels. I must admit that I am getting rather excited about the release of the these new products and will keep you up to date as I get to try them out on my own car.

What I am most excited about is the new video output capabilities. The ice link plus has been upgraded and will now be video enabled and for the back passengers Dension are releasing the ice link lite, a rear mounted cradle that allows you to watch the videos stored on your iPod through the cars rear seat entertainment system.

While I dont know many people who use their iPods for video at the moment I can definately see use becoming much more widespread as Apple are continuing to add more quality content such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Prison Break and many more top shows.

They are also realeasing a set of products that they are calling Gateway. Whats new about these is that they support all types of mp3 players, including iPod and Microsoft playforsure devices, athrough 3 different types of input, USB, 3.5mm audio and iPod.

For those of you who still love your old cd changer they haven't forgotten you. The new gateway 400 is like the 300 but also includes the ability to keep your cd changer as well, this is a feature i would have liked on the previous models.

Got a car with the new idrive fiber optic system then your probably thinking well I still cant get my iPod to work in my car. Well Dension haven't forgotten you either and with the Gateway 500 you will now be able to connect your iPod to your stereo through the 500's fibre optic interface.

I purchased my own ice link plus through iPodcarkitdirect and haven't looked back. |I found it relatively easy to install and love the way I can use my satelite controls on my steering wheel to control the iPod. I love my music and now I can carry and share it with everyone.

All in all the new products are set to be a sensation. Let's just hope that the prices are reasonable and installation simple. Stay posted and I'll get these products reviewed as soon as possible.

No comments: